Re: Preventing network access during nose doctest ?

* Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@telecom-sudparis.eu> [2014-05-12 14:36:17 +0200]:

> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to fix #739222 where tests fail (-> FTBFS) during execution
> of nose's doctest plugin on something like :
>     >>> import rdflib
>
>     >>> g = rdflib.Graph()
>     >>> result = g.parse("http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/test/meet/white.rdf";)
>
>     >>> print("graph has %s statements." % len(g))
>     graph has 19 statements.
>
> I'm puzzled : I'm invoking the tests run with :
> 	PYBUILD_SYSTEM=custom \
>         PYBUILD_TEST_ARGS="{interpreter} run_tests.py" \
> 	http_proxy= https_proxy= \
> 	dh_auto_test --buildsystem=pybuild
>
> where run_tests.py will invoke nose with --with-doctest, but even though
> the HTTP proxy variables being set, they don't seem to be preventing
> urllib2 to try to access the file.

Hi,

Here, you're setting an empty http_proxy variable, which means "don't use a
proxy". What you really want is to set the proxy to something that errors out,
e.g. http://127.0.0.1:9/ (the discard port on localhost).

And then, you'll need to disable the tests that need internet access, or modify
them so that they stop needing it.

HTH,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont

BOFH excuse #446:
Mailer-daemon is busy burning your message in hell.