Future of django-pagination in Debian

The Debian package of django-pagination was orphaned last year. [0] I
hadn't noticed until someone stepped up and actually filed an orphan
bug just the other week. [1] I intend to adopt it for the DPMT, and I
have a release ready to upload in the team's svn repo.

In the process of preparing the upload, I came across the fork you did
incorporating bug fixes and translations the the original maintainer
had left sitting around. [2] As upstream hasn't made a commit in ~4
years, your work it probably the best way forward.

I wanted to solicit your (and the DPMT's) opinion on how to best
handle this from the Debian side. There are a few options. The first
is simply upgrading to your fork directly, which would be the most
user friendly. Though the top level package name was changed from
`pagination` to `linaro-django-pagination`. [3] That would suggest
that a new source package would be in order. If I packaged
linaro-django-pagination, should we just ask for the removal of
django-pagination, or keep it around?

Any one have any opinions?

[0] http://packages.qa.debian.org/d/django-pagination/news/20130505T150425Z.html
[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=737294