Re: Indeed, python-concurrent.futures is the same

Thanks for your comments Jakub,

On 01/26/2014 05:47 AM, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> $ PYTHONWARNINGS=d python -c 'import futures'
> /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/futures/__init__.py:24:
> DeprecationWarning: The futures package has been deprecated. Use the
> concurrent.futures package instead.
>    DeprecationWarning)
>
> Surely you must have become aware of this fact when you removed the
> 10_dont_install_futures patch.

Well, that's really weird that the homepage of that said project
advertizes, as the first line of code example, to use "import futures".

I'll revert that then, and see if python-taskflow continues to work (and
if it does, I'll patch upstream code).

> Not shipping a deprecated and generically-named module, when there were
> no reverse-dependencies relying on its existence, sounds like a
> reasonable decision.

Sure!

>> I'm however confused how "import concurrent" works, even if there's
>> nothing in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages in this package. How come?
>
> That's how python-support works.

Oh ok. I have to admit I never really used it, since it was deprecated
for dh_python2 already when I first started to do python module packages.

Cheers,

Thomas