Re: Indeed, python-concurrent.futures is the same

On 25 Jan 2014 07:37, "Thomas Goirand" <zigo@debian.org> wrote:

> On 01/25/2014 06:01 PM, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> > Sorry, what? and you didn't think to contact me first to almost
> > rewrite the package? If there's problems, open bugs. Revert your
> > changes or I'll do at the first occasion. and mainly, why don't you go
> > away from DPMT once and for all? you're doing more harm than good
> > here. you're not welcome here.
>
> Shortly to the list:
>
> This kind of message saddens me. I'm not expecting this kind of
> interaction, but rather:
>
> "thanks for fixing that, however there, you shouldn't have done this,
> plus let me revert and fix that bit better"
>
> Maybe you could try this style and really do team work if your package
> is team maintained, no?

I agree. Even if we don't have an explicit code of conduct, I think we should expect more civil discourse. It sounds to me like Thomas G was honestly trying to improve something, and disagreeing with how he did it does not warrant a personal attack.

Thomas K