Re: Best practice: .egg-info with pybuild from git

On 11/21/2013 08:28 PM, Mathias Behrle wrote:
> So finally I would appreciate any input on
>
> 1) Which is the preferred procedure to handle .egg-info directories together
>    with building from git?
>
> 2) Is there a way to satisfy all common build tools as debuild,
>    git-buildpackage, pbuilder, when running the build more than once?
>
> Thanks,
> Mathias

Hi Mathias,

Thanks for raising this important topic.

I've seen all sorts of ways to fix this problem. What I found the most
easy was to simply add:

extend-diff-ignore = "^[^/]*[.]egg-info/"

in debian/source/options. That's just a one liner, and it solves all
problems. I've found this in a package, and I now use it. Probably
there's a better regular expression, I didn't investigate, though that
one above works well. Comments on it are welcome.

Does anyone have a counter-argument for (not) doing this?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)