Re: Fw: [Debian Wiki] Update of "Python/LibraryStyleGuide" by FedericoCeratto

On 12/17/2013 01:02 AM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> [...]
>   You'll want to have at least the following build dependencies:
>
>    * debhelper (>= 8)
> -  * dh-python
>    * python-all (>= 2.6.6-3~)
>    * python-setuptools
>    * python3-all
>    * python3-setuptools

Hi,

Just reacting on the above change. It's my understanding that we do need
to add dh-python explicitly if we want clean backports (eg: unchanged
from Sid). Am I right? If that's the case, shouldn't we advise to write
dh-python explicitly for until Jessie is released?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)