Running 2to3 against test suite before testing with pybuild

Hello,

Recently I have migrated sqlparse library I maintain to pybuild.
Everything went fine except that I couldn't set up running unit tests.

In order to run tests I have used this command:

 pybuild --verbose --test-pytest --test-args="-v" --before-test "cp -R
{dir}/tests {build_dir}"

This command works for py2.7 (obviously) but in order for this to work
for 3.x I have to run 2to3 against test suite itself. How can I do
that?

Also how can I specify --before-test arguments for dh_auto_test?

--
Best regards, Andriy Senkovych