Re: PEP 453 affects Debian packaging of Python packages

Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@wrar.name> writes:

> On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 04:36:23PM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> > Instead, when you first create the package, edit ‘debian/changelog’
> > and make “Initial Debian package of ‘foo’ (Closes: bug#NNNNNN)” the
> > very first bullet point in your first changelog entry. Then you
> > won't need to keep looking it up.
> dch --create and dh_make even make this entry by default.

It has that entry, yes, but without the bug report number that was being
discussed. The point is to immediately record the ITP bug report number
in that entry of the changelog. That way, you have it for reference in
the package while developing it, and you will no longer be nagged by
Lintian to add it.

--
 \        “I fly Air Bizarre. You buy a combination one-way round-trip |
  `\    ticket. Leave any Monday, and they bring you back the previous |