Re: PEP 453 affects Debian packaging of Python packages

Le 21/09/13 01:17, Thomas Kluyver a écrit :

> And how many inexperienced packagers will start by filing an ITP bug? Or
> indeed by searching for existing ITP bugs? More likely, the bug only
> gets filed when they've prepared a working package and Lintian is
> complaining about the lack of a line closing the ITP bug.

I keep forgetting filling an ITP.  It is usually caught on final review
because for some reason lintian is not being run by default by my
packaging chain :-(

I find the ITP/wnpp annoying as well. I usually end up browsing
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/ , opening all links then searching for
my package :-]   I then bootup an instance and try to remember to report
the bug against the 'wnpp' package.

But I am a newcomer, so I am easily confusing / forgetting rules :)

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso