Re: dh-python in unstable

On 28 August 2013 21:15, Barry Warsaw <barry@python.org> wrote:
> On Aug 02, 2013, at 05:42 PM, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
>
>>[Barry Warsaw, 2013-08-02]
>>>
>>> I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to calculate default values for all of
>>> these.  E.g. if you had:
>>>
>>> export PYBUILD_NAME=foo
>>>
>>> I think the rest could be pretty much figured out, at least for the common
>>> cases.  Is that worth it?
>>
>>good idea, I'll add --name and PYBUILD_NAME
>
> I'm wondering if this is (supposed to be) working yet (in
> dh-python 1.20130819-1)?
>
> If you look at my nose2 package in svn, I tried to do this:
>
>     export PYBUILD_NAME=nose2
>
> but it didn't seem to calculate the other variables automatically, and the
> build did not put things in the right place.  By adding these:
>
>     export PYBUILD_DESTDIR_python2=debian/python-nose2
>     export PYBUILD_DESTDIR_python3=debian/python3-nose2

what caught me off-guard that above paths are relative dh_auto_*
"--sourcedirectory" and are not relative top-level package src dir,
aka $(CURDIR).
I happen to have a "normal" package which has a distutils python app
in a subdir that I need to build.

Is that a bug or a feature? Seems inconsistent from the rest of paths
specified within debhelper.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.