Re: Inconsistency in source package naming for python modules

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 3:54 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> Oh, I need this pyX package... Let's download it.

I assume here you mean "I need whatever package provides 'import pyX'
for python"? If so this is solvable using something like DEP-11 that
maps package names to things that they provide (shared libs, manpages,
python modules, fonts, glyph ranges, info pages, hardware support,
applications etc). The idea isn't yet finalised or implemented but
there is some info here:

http://wiki.debian.org/DEP-11

I imagine the way it will work is something like this:

apt-get install component:python:pyx

--
bye,
pabs