Re: Inconsistency in source package naming for python modules

FWIW, I think the current scheme works best.

I manage a bunch of packages that have python wrappers; the package
then pretty much _has_ to follow the current scheme, eg.

Source package: silo
Bin packages: libsilo0
                        libsilo-dev
                        python-silo
                        python3-silo (coming).
A policy on renaming the source package isn't likely to change silo,
etc. and
so a greater inconsistency follows.

regards
Alastair

--
Alastair McKinstry  , <alastair@sceal.ie> , <mckinstry@debian.org>    http://blog.sceal.ie

Anyone who believes exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world
is either a madman or an economist - Kenneth Boulter, Economist.