Re: Joining Python Modules Packaging Team

* Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au>, 2013-06-07, 12:00:
I currently am the maintainer of the following packages:

django-tables
django-filters
django-ajax-selects

Plus a number of other packages that are not yet available in Debian.

My Alioth login is bam.

Welcome to the team!

(Yes, I have been told that those package names should be prefixed with python- to be policy compliant

Yup, policy-complaint binary package names should be:

python-django-tables2
python-django-filters
python-ajax-select

Source package names can of course stay as they are.

- just one of the things that needs fixing)

Speaking of which, django-ajax-selects debian/rules does this:

	cp -r ajax_select/static debian/django-ajax-selects/usr/share/pyshared/ajax_select

/usr/share/pyshared is an implementation detail of Python helpers; you should not rely on its existence. (In fact, now that we support only one Python version, I hope we get rid of it soon.)

--
Jakub Wilk