Re: Is subgit for migrating from Git to SVN?

Le 11/05/13 05:06, Thomas Goirand a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I came accross http://subgit.com/
>
> Could it be of any help for us?

Hello Thomas,

Wikimedia migrated its svn repositories to git during spring 2012 which
included MediaWiki a 10+years repository.

We used a C++ svn2git : https://github.com/ryppl/svn2git and forked it
to get some hacks in.  Our fork and the migration rules are available in
the git repo:

 git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/operations/software

Then:

 /svn2git/src : our fork
 /svn2git/scripts/rules : our migration rules

phase3.rules is the file for MediaWiki

One possible long task is determining a real user name and email address
for each of the svn account.  That is most probably available in Alioth
but then you want to make sure people agree to have their email disclosed.

cheers,

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso