Re: Accepted python-defaults 2.7.3-5 (source all)

* Dmitrijs Ledkovs <xnox@debian.org> [2013-05-06 03:13:47 -0700]:

> On 6 May 2013 00:29, Sandro Tosi <matrixhasu@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > has this been discussed *and* agreed on? I can only see Luca's mail
> > for python plans, but no ack from other "members of the debian python
> > board" nor the ACK from RT.
> >

> Python2.6 security support ends in October 2013 upstream. Which is
> well ahead of jessie freeze & release. From security point of view
> alone, it would be unwise to ship python2.6 in jessie. Which imho is
> serious enough reason to remove python2.6 given its potential high
> exposure when used by web-frameworks.

Hi,

I don't think that's up for discussion. But Sandro's point was about

(look at point #6.)

Nicolas Dandrimont

We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity - so UP yours!
(Adapted from Pat Paulsen by Joe Sloan)