Re: RFS: kitchen, bunch, grapefruit

Hi Jakub,

First off, as usual, thanks for your thorough reviews, as usual.

Quoting Jakub Wilk (2013-04-27 21:06:24)
> * Simon Chopin <chopin.simon@gmail.com>, 2013-04-26, 10:43:
> >I'm looking for a sponsor for my three Python modules, kitchen, bunch
> >and grapefruit,
>
> I took a bite of grapefruit:
>
> Policy v3.9.4 made build-{arch,indep} targets mandatory. These targets
> were not implemented in dh until 8.1.0. So if you want to claim
> compliance with standards version 3.9.4, you should build-depend on at
> least this version.

Thanks for the hint, I didn't know that.

> setup.py uses setuptools when it's available. To make build
> deterministic, you must either build-depend on python-setuptools, or
> disable the setuptools import (in a Debain-specific patch).

python-setuptools it is.

> Something is very wrong with the package short description. :)

Copy-pasta gone wrong. I blame Vim ;-)

> s/let/lets/, s/Primary/primary/ in the long description.
>
> Typos in upstream code:
> amout -> amount
> appart -> apart
> froming -> forming
> functionnalities -> functionalities
> instanciation -> instantiation
> specifed -> specified
> substract -> subtract
> widers -> wider

All corrected/patched.

> >all dependencies (of dependencies) of fedmsg[1]
>
> Out of interest, why does fedmsg need a color conversion library?

fedmsg provides a few command-line utilities, which use python-fabulous
to color the output, which in turn needs this library.

> I don't intend to sponsor any of these, but I explored kitchen a bit:
>
> Short description doesn't need to start with a capital letter.

Fixed.

> The list in the long description has inconsistent capitalization and
> punctuation:
> - the first item starts with a lowercase letters, but others with a
>   capital
>   letter;
>   - the second item ends with full stop, but others don't.

Fixed (and removed the second item, see below)

>   License field formatting in d/copyright works like Description in
>   d/control. So in the "License: Python" paragraph, you should either
>   indent first lines of every item, or un-indent the remaining lines.
>
>   License/copyright status of these files are not documented in the
>   copyright file:
>   kitchen/pycompat27/subprocess/_subprocess.py is not
>   kitchen/pycompat24/base64/_base64.py

Fixed.

>   Typos:
>   afterall -> after all
>   causethe -> cause the
>   defnining -> defining
>   documenation -> documentation
>   everytime -> every time
>   inpput -> input
>   interchangably -> interchangeably
>   represntable -> representable
>   Supackages -> Subpackages
>   Marcus Kuhn -> Markus Kuhn

Fixed and reported upstream.

>   You should probably quote the original Kuhn's license in d/copyright,
>   too.

Good idea :-)

>   You might want ask upstream to update their copy of GPL; it has still
>   the old FSF address.

Done

>   We don't want embedded copies of stdlib modules in the binary package.

I've simply removed the pycompat* modules as they're not relevant in
Debian anyway, and added a note in README.Debian about it.

The bunch clean error and the debhelper version being too low are fixed
as well, I'm just too lazy to fetch the quotes :-)

Cheers,
Simon