Re: How does team maintenace of python module works?

On Friday, February 22, 2013 03:14:30 PM Thomas Goirand wrote:
> The problem is that with SVN, it takes so much time and space
> (as each tag will generate some files), so you might have been
> fooled into thinking it would also with Git. But the reality simply
> not that at all.

I almost never check out the entire package, just trunk, so (as Piotr has
indicated) your data is WAY off.  This may be where your git experience caused
you to look at this problem suboptimally.  One of the real strengths of SVN
over anything newer is the ability to check out just a small part of the
repository without any special preparation for it needed.  Developers can get
as much or as little as they need.

I also agree with Piotr that this thread has probably outlived whatever
usefulness it might have had and should stop.

Scott K