Re: How does team maintenace of python module works?

On 02/20/2013 12:38 PM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:23:02 PM Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> The idea to use "git archive" was mostly from Julien Danjou. It's
>> very nice because that way, we can use xz compression, instead
>> of what upstream provides (that is, github .zip or .tar.gz, which
>> isn't the best).
> See devref 6.7.8.  This not an appropriate reason to not use the upstream
> tarball.
>
> Scott K
Thanks Scott, but I believe I know what I'm doing. This wasn't the
only reason I stated, it's only one of the consequences.

What upstream considers "release tarballs" are *not* what Github
provides anyway (it is a little bit more complex than this).

Thomas