Re: How does team maintenace of python module works?

On 02/16/2013 08:36 PM, Tristan Seligmann wrote:
> But this is exactly the point; if team members are doing work in SVN,
> then your packages in Git are not benefitting from this work.

Let's be practical for a bit.

Some members of the team already said they like to use Git.
So we wont have everyone using SVN, and just me, isolated,
using Git, in the world you describe above.

> Conversely, if you are doing work on the packages in Git, other
> packages in SVN are not benefitting.

I never wrote I would work *only* with Git, I wrote that it made
sense for some of the packages I maintain. I already sent
some updates in the SVN, and I do intend to do some more.
especially for Openstack dependencies (which is, a lot of
python modules...).

Using multiple VCSes may be simply just annoying. But not for
the reasons above.

On 02/16/2013 08:36 PM, Tristan Seligmann wrote:
> I just don't see how you hope to benefit
> from maintaining the packages "in the team" when you aren't actually
> making use of the team infrastructure that provides these benefits.

Simply because in the team, there's many different people,
and I'm sure some would happily contribute using Git. Just
like for the rest of Debian, it's voluntary based. I don't force
anyone, but accept any help. I just thought that this team
was the most relevant place to do so (and I still think it is).

Cheers,

Thomas