Re: How does team maintenace of python module works?

* Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com>, 2013-02-16, 09:10:
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 12:43:02 PM Thomas Kluyver wrote:
The following four positions have all been advocated in this thread:

A - Maintain the status quo, in which DPMT packages may only be maintained in SVN. B - As A, but encourage the creation of a separate team where Python modules can be maintained in git. C - Allow DPMT-maintained packages to live in SVN or git, so new packages can be committed to git if the packager prefers. Optionally, we could make provisions to migrate existing packages.
D - Migrate all the DPMT-maintained packages to git.

(I suggest we don't consider other VCSs - while we might have our favourites, I sampled the list of Debian teams, and found very few using anything other than svn or git. So tools & workflows for other VCSs are likely to be less well developed.)

So I would vote CDBA, in order of preference.

E - Migrated to bzr, but I want someone else to to all the work.

EA

F - Migrate to Mercurial, but I want someone else to do all the work.

AF

--
Jakub Wilk