Re: python-xlrd

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 5:12 PM, Thomas Kluyver <thomas@kluyver.me.uk> wrote:
> I suggest that we encourage packagers to make team maintainership the norm,
> and individual maintainership the exception, to avoid this kind of problem.
> This is in line with plenty of other open source projects, where people talk
> about not becoming a bottleneck or a single point of failure.

please read our "unwritten policy" about Maintainer field at
http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonModulesTeam/HowToJoin

Anyone is free to do whatever they want in their spare time, even set
themselves as maintainer for a tool they're packaging, and then let
the project handle their departure: that happened many times, and it
won't be fixed by a false sense of team-maintanership when someone
steps up, do a huge change in a package he doesn't care and then run
away (extreme hypothesis  - we would be in the same situation as of
now: the team would fix the issues arising.