Re: RFS: python3-dateutil

On 28 March 2012 21:10, Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> wrote:
> I see that you disabled tests for zoneinfo, which I interpret as a "yes"
> answer to my question. Well, I can't see how such behaviour is useful[0],
> but at very least it deserves a big red warning in README.Debian.

As far as I can see, the zoneinfo subpackage is used as a fallback by
dateutil.tz.gettz() if it can't find the equivalent system timezone
data files (the binary package has a dependency on tzdata).
zoneinfo.gettz() appears to account for the possibility that its local
data file doesn't exist, and returns None. I'm inclined to leave this
behaviour intact in case code depends on it, although it's not how I'd
design it myself. I've added a note in README.Debian pointing people
to dateutil.tz.gettz().

Thomas