Re: RFS: python3-dateutil

Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> writes:

> * Thomas Kluyver <thomas@kluyver.me.uk>, 2012-03-24, 12:29:
> >> "debhelper (>= 8)" instead of "debhelper (>= 8.0.0)" would be more
> >> friendly to backporters.
> > Done. Note this is what the file created by dh_make has (although that
> > could have been updated in a newer version than I have).
>
> I don't accept "it's dh_make's fault!" excuses, sorry. :P

Thomas wasn't offering an excuse, AFAICT; he accepted the request to
change the field and did what was asked, so isn't asking to be excused.

Rather, what Thomas says above reads to me as an explanation and a
warning of an attractive nuisance: “note that, unless this is changed in
‘dh_make’, it will tend to happen in other new packages”.

--
 \       “Remember: every member of your ‘target audience’ also owns a |
  `\   broadcasting station. These ‘targets’ can shoot back.” —Michael |