Re: Request For a Review: python-mpd2/0.4.1-1 [ITP]

* Geoffroy Youri Berret <efrim@azylum.org>, 2012-03-20, 15:50:
   http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/python-mpd2/python-mpd2_0.4.0-1.dsc

You wrote "debhelper (>= 9.0.0)" but debhelper doesn't use such versioning scheme anymore. I'd use plain "debhelper (>= 9)".

python-all is needed in the clean target so it should go to Build-Depends, not Build-Depends-Indep. (OTOH, python3-setuptools could be in Build-Depends-Indep.) The benefits of splitting Build-Depends-Indep for arch:all-only packages are negligible, so I normally recommend using Build-Depends only.

What is
#Vcs-Git: git://git.debian.org/pkg-mpd/python-mpd2.git
#Vcs-Browser: http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-mpd/python-mpd2.git
supposed to mean?

Is Python 3.1 really not supported? I couldn't find any information about this in upstream source. If it's really not, then you need a version constraint for the build-dependency.

Your Replaces is versioned but Conflicts is not. This is awkward. What has changed in python-mpd 0.3.0 that Replaces is not needed anymore?

Is the conflict with python-mpd going to be permanent, or do you plan removing the other package at some point? In the former case, priority of one of the packages should be extra. (Policy §2.5: “optional packages should not conflict with each other”.)

Lintian emits:
I: python-mpd2 source: duplicate-long-description python-mpd2 python3-mpd2

Is there any reason for using a less liberal license for Debian packaging than the one upstream uses?

You define PYTHON2 variable in debian/rules, but you don't use it.

What is
#override_dh_installchangelogs:
#       dh_installchangelogs -k foo/NEWS.rst
supposed to mean?

The watch file doesn't work:

$ uscan --report
uscan warning: In debian/watch,