Re: RFC: Adding discussion about required versions to Python policy

* Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com>, 2012-03-19, 09:29:
"The generated minumum dependency may be different than the lowest version currently supported. In such cases, X-Python-Version must still be specified if the generated dependency is not sufficient."
[...]
I think something like my first paragraph needs to go wherever it says X3-P-V can be omitted if all versions are supported, because it has to be clear that "all" isn't just all in Unstable on the day you're uploading.

How about saying that it can be ommitted only it the package is compatible with all versions supported in unstable, in testing and in stable?

dh_python2 allows you to be less strict about this, but that doesn't mean you should take the opportunity. :)

--
Jakub Wilk