Re: packaging pyreport

Hi Yaroslav and Jean,

Sorry for the slow answer: I just came out of a score of deadlines and
took a break from my computer.

I personally believe that the IPython notebook, however great it might
be, does not nullify the interest of pyreport. First, pyreport does not
require any specific syntax or interface: it works on standard Python
files. Second, it is very lightweight, whereas nowadays IPython is a
biggish dependency.

That said, I do way too many things, and I had decided that I stopped
maintaining pyreport. It's a question of priorities, while it hurts me to
see it die, I don't have time to maintain everything that I would like.

Thus, I would be _very_ happy to see someone picking it up. It doesn't
really need to be a fork in the sens that I am perfectly willing to give
control of the github repo. The webpage is unfortunately hosted on my
personal webpage, but I can assist in moving it to another location (I
think that packages.python.org would be a good idea) and I can insert
redirections on the current webpage.

I would be thrilled to see this happening. I think that such a change of
maintainer should happen before a Debian package is considered: in the
current situation, I would not push people to use pyreport, as its future
is uncertain.

Thanks for the interest,

Gael

--