Re: Merging python-jenkins from Ubuntu

On 12-11-16 11:49 AM, Jakub Wilk wrote:
(I don't intend to sponsor this package.)

I appreciate the feedback

* Paul Belanger <paul.belanger@polybeacon.com>, 2012-11-14, 17:20:
As a follow up, I have already created the ITP and uploaded the
package to mentors.debian.net[2].  Any sort of mentoring / sponsorship
would be welcomed.

Next up is the RFS.

[2] http://mentors.debian.net/package/python-jenkins

A direct link to .dsc would have been more helpful:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/python-jenkins/python-jenkins_0.2-1.dsc

Lintian reports:
O: python-jenkins source: unknown-field-in-dsc original-maintainer
I: python-jenkins: unknown-field-in-control original-maintainer

Why is that tag overridden?

Fixed, I was using logic from Ubuntu when syncing a package from Debian. I've reverted the Maintainer field to the original person and added myself to Uploaders.

The binary package appears to be architecture-independent, so it should
be "Architecture: all" rather than "Architecture: all".

Fixed.

As far as I can see, "python-dev" build-dependency could be replaced by
"python". Even better, make it "python-all" to work around #683557.

Fixed.

If I were you I would bother to provide get-orig-source target that only
calls uscan... But if you really want to have it, please make it
policy-compliant (§4.9), and please don't hide commands it runs.

Quick question, the most comment syntax for uscan I could find was:

  uscan --noconf --force-download --rename --repack --destdir=.

Would that be acceptable?

The license in debian/copyright is different than in COPYING. This is a
serious bug.

I've update the file to be more explicit with the license.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger@polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)