Re: Python fdb

Hi Philippe!

Please use Debian New Maintainer's Guide¹ as a starting point. For
Python-specific things, check the “Python Packaging” page² or a
similar article in the Ubuntu Packaging Guide³.

If you want a tool that will generate most of the needed files for
you, take a look at pydsc (available in “python-stdeb” package) or at
pkgme⁴. I haven’t used these tools myself, so I don't know how well do
they do their job.

[1]: http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/
[2]: http://wiki.debian.org/Python/Packaging
[3]: http://developer.ubuntu.com/packaging/html/python-packaging.html