Python fdb

Hi,

since Python-kinterbasdb is  orphaned since 483 days in Debian and
that upstream KInterbasdb is deprecated and unmaintained
I would like to package the new python driver (fdb :
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/fdb) for Debian.
FDB is a Python library package that implements Python Database API
2.0-compliant support for the open source relational database
Firebird®. In addition to the minimal feature set of the standard
Python DB API, FDB also exposes nearly the entire native client API of
the database engine.
(https://fdb.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html)
I made it for Mageia and Fedora, I guess I can manage to maintain a
simple package like this one for Debian, and it will be need for
Django and SQLAlchemy

I never packaged any thing for Debian yet, I have to learn everything
about Debian rules and tools for packaging.

--

Philippe Makowski
http://www.ibphoenix.com