Re: DD requesting to join python-modules-team

On 10 October 2012 16:22, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans@at.or.at> wrote:

> On Oct 9, 2012, at 4:48 AM, Jakub Wilk wrote:
>
>> * Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans@eds.org>, 2012-10-08, 20:14:
>>> I'm a DD that is working on a couple python module packages.  I have 'pyjavaproperties' already in wheezy/unstable and python-pure-otr in the works, packaged as 'python-potr' since that was the original name and the library is still called 'potr', i.e. "import potr"
>>
>> Welcome to the team! :)
>>
>> Please note that we use Subversion as VCS:
>> https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonAppsPackagingTeam/HowTo (but replace "apps" with "modules").
>
> For a team package, is git-buildpackage out of the question?  If so, I can convert.

I doubt you will get hardly any "team" commits for it.
Or team code review from automatic commit emails.

You can check the mailing list archive for the past discussions.
Currently none of the other version control systems / build tools
offer as fluent workflow as the current one for the top
commiters/uploaders/sponsors in the team.

Nothing stops you to use bzr-svn or git-svn though ;-) works like a
charm for me.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.