Re: dh_python2 and large /usr/share/pyshared

* Olе Streicher <debian-devel@liska.ath.cx>, 2012-07-10, 12:14:
I am trying to create a python package (astropy) that has a few arch specific modules built (.so files), and a rather large amount of shared code in /usr/share/pyshared/. Therefore, lintian complains (well: rather informs) about

I: python-astropy: arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share 4137kB 87%

How do I create an arch independend package that contains these files? Since in tmp/ everything is still in usr/lib/, I cannot just put a

/usr/share/pyshared

into the .install file.

I know NeuroDebian folks have been splitting their packages this way (see e.g. pymvpa2 debian/rules).

But to be frank, I'd rather not do that. You will likely end up with either dependency loop or a package that is not useful for anything when installed alone.

--
Jakub Wilk