Re: Packaging python-mocker and cloud-init in Debian ?

Le Sat, May 05, 2012 at 01:29:24PM -0400, Scott Moser a écrit :
> On Sat, 5 May 2012, Charles Plessy wrote:
> >
> > I can keep the current Ubuntu code in the Debian package, but if somebody would
> > upload ureadahead to Debian, I think that would made cloud-init seriously buggy
> > according to Debian's policy.  So if possible, I would prefer to keep the code
> > out.
>
> which policy would that be?  IIRC, I was advised to do the dpkg-divert by
> an experienced debian developer.

/etc/init/ureadahead.conf is a conffile of ureadahead, as defined in Debian
Policy's section 10.7.1, and the section 10.7.4 mandates that "the maintainer
scripts must not alter a conffile of any package, including the one the scripts
belong to".

> > use of grub-pc and grub-legacy-ec2 at the same time, do you forsee cases where
> > there would need different defaults for grub-legacy-ec2 and grub-pc ?
>
> I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by 'defaults'.
> If you mean which kernel to boot, there is some unfortunate code in
> grub-legacy-ec2 that explicitly ignores certain kernels by kernel name
> because they're known not to boot (due to buggyness of kernel, not
> config... thats largely historical).

I mean the 'default' (sorry for the plural in my previous message) set by the
grub-set-default program that is diverted.  It looks like both
grub-set-default-legacy-ec2 and grub-pc's grub-set-default modify
/boot/grub/default, so if the same value makes sense for both grub-legacy-ec2
and grub-pc, there would not need to divert grub-pc's file, but rather to
depend on grub2-common, which distributes grub-set-default and does not depend
on grub-pc.

Have a nice Sunday,

--
Charles Plessy