Re: Double build failures

On Fri, 04 May 2012, Jakub Wilk wrote:

> * Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com>, 2012-05-04, 13:29:
> >>IMHO it is a better fit in dh_auto_clean (python_distutils
> >>buildsystem) and or dh_clean.
> >+100 for dh_auto_clean  ;-)

> #652617

> But... Have you read python_distutils.pm source? I did and then
> couldn't sleep for a few nights. ;) So I can't second the idea of
> adding even more dubious logic to it.

LOL

I just don't know perl (un)fortunately to provide a clean patch... nor out of
my ignorance I am sure on the purpose of distributing .egg-info/ by
upstreams

$> zgrep .egg-info deb/docs/Contents-sources.gz | f1 | uniq | wc -l
365

so the question would also be either they get modified at package build-time so
that original versions would need to be placed  aside (similar to what
dh_autoreconf does?) and then reverted back upon clean.  So general resolution
could go a bit aside of just 'cleaning' through

* preserve present .egg-info somewhere (where below find would not find ;) )
* add to sub clean

  $this->doit_in_sourcedir('find', '.', '-name', '*.egg-info', '-exec', 'rm', '-rf', '{}', ';');

* bring them back and destroy the original copy

or if nothing get modified just remembering the list of them and
excluding them from clean up procedure

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences