Re: Help in packaging rubber

On 02. mai 2012 23:39, Hilmar Preusse wrote:
> Dear python maintainers,
>
> I intend/plan to adopt the rubber package[1]. I prepared a package
> for testing, it is available from here[2].
>
> When building the package two warnings occur:
>
> - dh_pysupport: This program is deprecated, you should use dh_python2 instead. Migration guide: http://deb.li/dhs2p

Make sure you removed python-support from the dependencies, also make
sure your rules file calls dh --with python2 (often this is enough:
	%:
        	dh $@ --with python2
). Depending on the complexity of your package, you might need to remove
any references to python-support in your debian/rules

> - dpkg-deb: warning: 'debian/rubber/DEBIAN/control' contains user-defined field 'Python-Version'

It should be X-Python-Version

> Yes, I've read http://deb.li/dhs2p, but I'm failing to understand
> what I have to do in the "Before you begin" section. Unfortunately I
> don't speak python myself, this might be the reason.
>
> Please be so kind to teach me, what needs to be changed. Please keep
> me in Cc, I'm not subscribed.

Python sponsors tend to be picky; I'd recommend running lintian -Iv
--pedantic on the resulting .changes file after building. It'd likely
save you a couple of mails back and fourth with the sponsor.

Regards
--
Andreas Noteng