Re: Help in packaging rubber

 I am not a python expert so consider the following as the result of previous experiences only.....

Le 5/2/12 11:39 PM, Hilmar Preusse a écrit :
Dear python maintainers,

I intend/plan to adopt the rubber package[1]. I prepared a package
for testing, it is available from here[2].

When building the package two warnings occur:

- dh_pysupport: This program is deprecated, you should use dh_python2 instead. Migration guide: http://deb.li/dhs2p
I think you have to set ---with=python2 in your rules file after the dh $@
- dpkg-deb: warning: 'debian/rubber/DEBIAN/control' contains user-defined field 'Python-Version'
t from old memories I think it is fine.

Yes, I've read http://deb.li/dhs2p, but I'm failing to understand
what I have to do in the "Before you begin" section. Unfortunately I
don't speak python myself, this might be the reason.
In the Before you begin, they ask you to check there is no existing package using same namespace (like Java package).
If your package uses namespace rubber.Rubber for example, there should be no other rubber in Debian packages to avoid conflicts.

Olivier
Please be so kind to teach me, what needs to be changed. Please keep
me in Cc, I'm not subscribed.

Regards,
  Hilmar

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/670755
[2] http://wagner.debian.org/~hilmar-guest/

--
gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (keyring.debian.org)
Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438