Re: Packaging python-mocker and cloud-init in Debian ?

Le Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 08:47:10AM +0900, Charles Plessy a écrit :
> Le Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 10:57:34AM -0400, Scott Moser a écrit :
> >
> > The grub stuff is only in the ubuntu package, and arguably should be
> > separate source from cloud-init entirely.  Basically, it maintains
> > /boot/grub/menu.lst without conflicting with grub-pc.
>
> it is actually grub-legacy-ec2 that drove my attention to cloud-init.  It looks
> like it would be very useful to Debian as well.
>
> I am looking for a solution to create a machine image in a fully autmodated way
> with debian-installer.  In my understanding, preseeding 'd-i pkgsel/include
> string cloud-init grub-legacy-ec2' (with perhaps extra preseeding for the
> packages themselves) would make the image bootable by pvgrub and reachable via
> SSH.
>
> This said, I do not mind if the two binary packages come from the same source
> package or not.
>
> Before this, I guess the first step is to fix #625481 and get python-mocker in
> Sid.

Hello everybody,

python-mocker is now in Sid, maintained in the python-modules repository.  In my
understanding, python-apps would be suitable for the 'cloud-init' package.  Can
one admin add me ?

Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med