Re: how to take a public package private?

On Sunday, April 29, 2012 03:16:12 AM you wrote:
> I am not a debian guru, but just got a package to upstream and had similar
> doubt.
>
> For python packages, at least, this is my understanding of it. You may have
> python libraries or python applications. Python libraries are placed in
> "public" location, this means that the package will be accessible within
> any python code (location may vary but it will be in a directory in
> PYTHONPATH, such as dist-packages).  Python applications should contain
> private modules, so they should not be placed in the same location as the
> python libraries. For that, the debian standard location for packages is
> assumed: /usr/share/. This is an override of setuptools default, which
> always installs as public module.
>
> A good start would be to check the python applications packaging team's
> website, if you need to package an application.
>
> Is this what you are talking about?

Yes and I also want to do this in the standard way. Can this be done by
altering the package_dir parameter in the call to setup in setup.py?

--
Paul Elliott                               1(512)837-1096
pelliott@BlackPatchPanel.com               PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J