Re: how to take a public package private?

I am not a debian guru, but just got a package to upstream and had similar doubt.

For python packages, at least, this is my understanding of it. You may have python libraries or python applications. Python libraries are placed in "public" location, this means that the package will be accessible within any python code (location may vary but it will be in a directory in PYTHONPATH, such as dist-packages).  Python applications should contain private modules, so they should not be placed in the same location as the python libraries. For that, the debian standard location for packages is assumed: /usr/share/. This is an override of setuptools default, which always installs as public module.

A good start would be to check the python applications packaging team's website, if you need to package an application.

Is this what you are talking about?

--
Braga, Bruno
www.brunobraga.net

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM, Paul Elliott wrote:

> I mean move it from the standard place, to a package specific place.
> I mean move it to a package specific directory.

Michelle seems to be confused. Michelle was talking about the location
of the binary and source packages, rather than your original question
about the location of .py files inside of a binary package. Hopefully
someone else will answer your original question.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise