Re: Request For a Review: python-mpd2/0.4.1-1 [ITP]

Hi,

Thanks for the review Jakub :)

Le 20/03/2012 17:00, Jakub Wilk a écrit :
> * Geoffroy Youri Berret <efrim@azylum.org>, 2012-03-20, 15:50:
>> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/python-mpd2/python-mpd2_0.4.0-1.dsc

I did paste the wrong link :/
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/python-mpd2/python-mpd2_0.4.1-1.dsc

This version updates the watch file.

> What is #Vcs-Git: git://git.debian.org/pkg-mpd/python-mpd2.git
> #Vcs-Browser: http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-mpd/python-mpd2.git
> supposed to mean?

Errf, I forgot to mention I planned to maintain the package in pkg-mpd team.
These are just lines I planned to replace current ones with.

> Is Python 3.1 really not supported? I couldn't find any information
> about this in upstream source. If it's really not, then you need a
> version constraint for the build-dependency.

Right, this is a mistake.
I should be : X-Python3-Version: >= 3.0

> Your Replaces is versioned but Conflicts is not. This is awkward.
> What has changed in python-mpd 0.3.0 that Replaces is not needed
> anymore?
>
> Is the conflict with python-mpd going to be permanent, or do you plan
> removing the other package at some point? In the former case,
> priority of one of the packages should be extra. (Policy §2.5:
> “optional packages should not conflict with each other”.)

First I thought python-mpd was abandoned, this is not true [0].
Then I guess what I should do is to not to set python-mpd2 as replacing python-mpd, just conflicting.

Then I'm not sure about the control file.
Is that right?

> Is there any reason for using a less liberal license for Debian
> packaging than the one upstream uses?

The only reason is that I want to keep the package as free as possible.
I did not see any reason to use the same license as upstream, is there? (policy or strong convention I'm missing)

> You define PYTHON2 variable in debian/rules, but you don't use it.
>
> What is #override_dh_installchangelogs: #       dh_installchangelogs
> -k foo/NEWS.rst supposed to mean?

These are leftovers from rules file I stole from the wiki

I've updated and uploaded the package on mentors.

[0] http://jatreuman.indefero.net/p/python-mpd/issues/7/#ic39