Re: Possible misbuilt python3 module packages

On Saturday, March 17, 2012 02:08:44 AM Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Thursday, March 15, 2012 12:02:42 PM Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > Last night I uploaded an updated python3-defaults package to fix a
> > problem where dh_python3 was not honoring version requirements set the
> > -V option in debian/rules or X-Python3-Version in debian/control.
> >
> > If you have a python3 module package that set a minumum version of
> > python3 to 3.2 using one of those methods, it probably has a minimum
> > version of 3.1.3-13~ in error.  Please check your packages and consider
> > rebuilding and uploading (these are arch all, extensions should all be
> > correct) so users don't try and install them in Sqeeze by mistake.
>
> I checked and at least based on my survey, the number of packages affected
> is not huge.  dd-list is attached.  I can write to d-devel and do a MBF if
> needed, but I think pretty much everyone on the dd-list is active here.
>
> Please let me know as you fix them, so I can mark them off the list.
>
> Scott K

One thing I did not double check before I sent this was the python3 version
number in squeeze.  It's 3.1.3-12+squeeze1, so these packages aren't directly
installable in squeeze in any case, so I won't file bugs.  They still should be
rebuilt, but the wrong version dependency isn't going to hurt anything.

Scott K