Re: Possible misbuilt python3 module packages

On Thursday, March 15, 2012 12:02:42 PM Scott Kitterman wrote:
> Last night I uploaded an updated python3-defaults package to fix a problem
> where dh_python3 was not honoring version requirements set the -V option in
> debian/rules or X-Python3-Version in debian/control.
>
> If you have a python3 module package that set a minumum version of python3
> to 3.2 using one of those methods, it probably has a minimum version of
> 3.1.3-13~ in error.  Please check your packages and consider rebuilding and
> uploading (these are arch all, extensions should all be correct) so users
> don't try and install them in Sqeeze by mistake.

I checked and at least based on my survey, the number of packages affected is
not huge.  dd-list is attached.  I can write to d-devel and do a MBF if
needed, but I think pretty much everyone on the dd-list is active here.

Please let me know as you fix them, so I can mark them off the list.

Scott K
Barry Warsaw <barry@python.org>
   flufl.bounce
   flufl.enum