getting rid of python-central

Hello lists,

I've been seeing what it would take to remove python-central from my
system and it wasn't actually that much so I sent patches to the BTS for
the remaining packages and fixed a few python-apps-team and
python-modules-team packages in SVN.

The list of packages that remain to be fixed is not that long:
  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=pycentral-deprecation;users=debian-python@lists.debian.org

Would anyone object if I start working on updating packages in
python-apps-team and python-modules-team SVN repositories that:
- use python-central
- and have the maintainer set to the respective team
(apps: gmail-notify, modules: libapache2-mod-python, python-axiom,
pyopengl)

I would update the packages to use dh_python2 instead. I would also
consider uploading to unstable if the other outstanding changes seem
reasonable (assuming the package is already in unstable).

What about updating these packages to use the dh sequencer in
debian/rules? (again assuming this is not too disruptive)

What about doing the same for the packages that have the respective team
in the Uploaders field (apps: fusion-icon, hotssh, wapiti, andvare,
autokey, modules: bugz, rope, pyexcelerator, louie, python-pytc,
python-authkit, ropemacs, python-pysearch, sclapp, python-socksipy,
python-xmltv, python-reportlab, python-irclib).

I'd like to get some input on whether this is useful or considered
meddling in someone else's packages.

What about other kind of cleanup operations (e.g. while searching I
found a couple of control files that grep-dctrl had issues with due to
spaces being present on lines that should be blank, packages that seem
to be in both repositories, etc)?

Thanks,

--
-- arthur - adejong@debian.org - http://people.debian.org/~adejong --