Re: RFS: python-carbon / graphite
On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 18:08, Jonas Genannt <email@example.com> wrote:
> I'm searching an sponsor for the python-carbon package. This package is
> required for Graphite (http://graphite.wikidot.com/).
Since i'm interested in graphite, here's a quick review:
- package name: is it more a module or a program (ie, how a general
user is supposed to use the package)? if the former, the package name
it's ok, else it should be changed (and moved to PAPT).
- there are some lintian warnings: how have you addressed them?
- the package install a plugin directly into twisted dir: are you sure
this is the correct way to do that?
- add Vcs-* fields
- missing X-Python-Version field
- improve long description: knowing the server listens on port 2003
(and stuff like that) it's not the purpose of the description
- why all those file/directory tests?
- small grammar fixes: '...to configure carbon, copy..."; s/Than/Then
- why not installing the configuration files in the right directory,
/etc, instead of as examples the user has to copy by-hand? in any
case, the user has to change default settings to start the server.
- why configuring dir in a namespace not for python-carbon (namely
- why is this script taking care of creating "Graphite User"
Sandro Tosi (aka morph, morpheus, matrixhasu)
My website: http://matrixhasu.altervista.org/
Me at Debian: http://wiki.debian.org/SandroTosi