Re: Dependencies with cType

[Barry Warsaw, 2011-10-03]
> If your package has a setup.py, you can check it for dependencies.

setup.py's dependencies (i.e. the ones in requires.txt) are not a
problem anymore, the ones missing there are...

> There are
> no definitive mappings between Cheeseshop names and Debian package names, but

take a look at /usr/share/python/dist_fallback, sane ones are not listed
there, though

> If the upstream package does not have a complete setup.py, then I guess you
> have to fallback to grepping for imports and other heuristics (e.g. build the
> package in a virtualenv, poke at it, and see what's missing).

I'd start with:
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/python-modules/tools/find_python_dependencies.py?view=co

it doesn't find libraries loaded via ctypes, though
(note that you have to check this script's output anyway)