Re: Dependencies with cType

On Oct 03, 2011, at 10:16 PM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

>So how do people track dependencies needed for python packages ? There
>is no test shipped with my current package, so all I can do is `grep
>-r import` at the moment.

If your package has a setup.py, you can check it for dependencies.  There are
no definitive mappings between Cheeseshop names and Debian package names, but
you can make a first good guess by prepending 'python-' to the Cheeseshop
name.

If the upstream package does not have a complete setup.py, then I guess you
have to fallback to grepping for imports and other heuristics (e.g. build the
package in a virtualenv, poke at it, and see what's missing).

-Barry