Re: Package for multiple Python versions

Hi!

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> wrote:
> That could be simplified to:
> PYTHON_VERSION = $(shell pyversions -dv)

Not really. Because I want to compile package for different versions
of Python installed on the system I am passing PYTHON variable to make
in each loop. So I have to extract Python version from there and not
just assume default Python version. By assuming default Python version
you have not done much, just decided to use default and not the one
currently in PATH. But you still predefine something.

> CMAKE_USE_PYTHON_VERSION doesn't work with cmake that's currently in
> unstable.

We have our own module for that:

http://orange.biolab.si/trac/browser/trunk/source/orangeqt/modules/FindPythonLibrary.cmake

> If you are compiling extensions modules that's not enough, you need to set
> either:
> - PYTHON_EXECUTABLE, PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR and PYTHON_LIBRARY,
> - or Python_ADDITIONAL_VERSIONS (this one requires cmake >= 2.8.4).

No, it is enough, everything else is done by the module. (Probably I
would even not need to pass PYTHON_EXECUTABLE directly, but I do
because I already have ti there, passed to make.)

Mitar