Re: -dbg packages

* Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org>, 2011-08-10, 10:39:
I remember a discussion about dh_python2 supporting -dbg packages here. Therefore, I was thinking that it could handle some steps, like dependencies (in ${python:Depends}) and install (keep only debug files).

dh_python2 cleans -dbg packages

What do you mean by "clean"?

(unless invoked with --no-dbg-cleaning)

Uh? My dh_python2 doesn't have such option.

and adds dependencies to ${python:Depends}, yes

What exactly it puts into python:Depends? I know it puts -dbg interpreter there, but what about stuff from requires.txt?

Also, it means that you should use "Recommends: ${python:Depends}" for your -dbg package. Yay.

--
Jakub Wilk