Re: Avoiding download of intersphinx inventories during build

Hi Nikolaus (2011.07.05_21:01:21_+0200)
> The python module I'm packaging uses intersphinx. Since the debian
> package rebuilds the documentation from the sources, the package needs
> to download the inventories:

It will, of course, build successfully without them, just won't include
intersphinx links and will throw some warnings. However, yes, that still
goes again Debian policy, and produces a different build.

intersphinx is capable of referring to a local inventory file, you could
patch the source to do that, and include an inventory in debian/. A
slightly stale inventory shouldn't be a major problem.
You could even persuade the upstream to include a cached version.

> Should I ship the pickled sphinx environment as a debian patch? This
> seems rather fragile..

Yeah, that would be a pretty terrible solution.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/