Avoiding download of intersphinx inventories during build

Hello,

The python module I'm packaging uses intersphinx. Since the debian
package rebuilds the documentation from the sources, the package needs
to download the inventories:

Running Sphinx v1.1pre

Now, I understand that downloading files during build is a big no, but I
don't quite know how to handle this. Should I ship the pickled sphinx
environment as a debian patch? This seems rather fragile..

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

   -Nikolaus