Re: Python profiler finally DFSG-compliant

On Jun 30, 2011, at 08:20 AM, Ben Finney wrote:

>Éric Araujo <merwok@netwok.org> writes:
>
>> Thanks to a new contributor agreement between Disney Enterprises and
>> the Python Software Foundation, the next versions of Python 2.6, 2.7,
>> 3.1 and 3.2 as well as the first 3.3 release will be able to contain
>> the profile and pstats modules in Debian.
>
>Awesome news, thank you for notifying us!

Indeed!

>Do we expect any more new upstream versions of Python 2.6? I guess those
>would be severe bugfix updates, which might not come if there's no new
>such issues to address before the end of support for 2.6.

Security fixes only, but I did approve the license change to land in 2.6, and
Benjamin was kind enough to beat me to the commit.

I'm happy to do a 2.6.8 release at some time if necessary, but this doesn't
count. :) I think Matthias has already cherry picked the change into the
Debian package.

-Barry